Monday, October 18, 2010

309.0

The Battle of Little Big Chuy
As of this morning, I weigh 309.0lbs -- meaning I lost 4.6 pounds this last week.

Let that sink in, I know I did.

Now, I understand that is a lot of weight to lose in one week -- around a half a pound a day.  Consider though the following things:

  • I have been eating right and working out, consistently, for the first time in my life, really.
  • I know from previous experience when to stop, when I am working out.  I'm not trying to be a hero, or hurt myself.
  • Its always easy to lose weight when you beginning a work out plan, especially if you are over weight to begin with.  This is probably water weight, and not much fat, that I am dropping.
  • It will get harder and not every week will yield such results. 
The most important thing to me is that I feel fucking great.  Let me say that once more, on its own line, in all caps, and bold, with three exclamation points, so you know how great I feel:

I FEEL FUCKING GREAT!!!

Seriously, though, regardless of how much weight I lost this week, or will lose week to week, in the weeks to come, (say that three times fast), I feel great.

My body feels strong.  My lungs don't try to break out of my body climbing stairs.  My sleep is the sleep of people that sleep really fucking well.  I am not as tired at work.  My work outs are yielding real results that I can measure and feel in way that a scale can't show. 

All of that said:

Time to move on.  I can't get complacent. 4.6 lbs lost this week means fuck all if I don't keep it up.  The goal is to lose 70, remember, we still have 65.4 lbs to go.  

We will enjoy today for what it was, winning the battle of week one.  That is cool and all, winning battles.

I want to win the War.


Who is Whitney
Whitney is a friend from high school that is a personal trainer in Virgina these days.  She was one of the people that I started talking to about this project of mine, before it started.  It was Whitney that first suggested I keep a blog about the process.  That was a great idea and a key reason I am doing what I am doing.

Thank you so much, Whitney. Fo'reals.

If you have a friend in the Virginia area in need of a trainer, please consider Whintey's company Fit by Whit.  She can be reached via email at: wcerullo2000@yahoo.com 

 
Renaming the Blog
The name of this Blog does not feel right to me anymore.  I need to change it.  If you have an suggestions, please leave them in the comments, or send them to my email at: heyzeuscontreras@gmail.com

See ya Wednesday!
  

3 comments:

  1. Keep it up man. I find that using my DailyBurn food journal and workout journal really keeps me on pace, and appeals to my inner nerd - I can enter competitions and earn badges, just like when I'm gaming around. That sounds super lame, but the lesson is: whatever works you up. If preparing for the (eventual) zombie apocalypse is what gets you in the gym every day, then revel in it and enjoy.

    Personally, why just settle for being mentally intimidating? Lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humbly, here are my suggestions for a new name.
    AngryFatMexican, ChubbyChuy, ElMasGuey, TacoBurritoKing, TacosBurritosVida, Gordito,
    SetentaIsSeventyInSpanish, MuchoGrande, WalkingOnWater,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually think you should keep it. It will remind you where you have come from. Perhaps when you've reached your goal you can look back on it and write how different you feel.

    ReplyDelete